o n t h e t r a c k s

Monday

Responsive Prayer from Matthew 5

You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. (Matthew 5:3, The Message)

Father God, when all my reliable resources fail, when all my self-confidence abandons me, help me then to remember that Your Word is true, and your rule in my life is all I need.

Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? (Matthew 5:13, The Message)

Lord Jesus, when I doubt my ability to add flavor to your world, when I lose the vision to connect others to you, remind me then of the flavorful presence of Your Spirit whom you have placed within me.

God's Law is more real and lasting than the stars in the sky and the ground at your feet. Long after stars burn out and earth wears out, God's Law will be alive and working. (Matthew 5:18, The Message)

Holy Spirit, when I question the certainty of what I believe, when I’m unsure of whether I can continue this walk of faith in Jesus, restore me with reassurance in the ancient words of Scripture, for they are Your Word to me – constant and unchanging. Amen.

Scripture portions from "The Message", © 1993, 1994, 1995 by Eugene H. Peterson
Prayers © Rick Lindholtz, 2005

No comments: