o n t h e t r a c k s

Wednesday

Prepare a Highway

We're going to give a shot at writing our own Christmas Cantata this year and the first song I wrote (last week) is based on Isaiah 40. The melody can't be posted yet but when I can I'll record a rough version and post it here.

Prepare a Highway
From Isaiah 40:1-4 (second draft of lyric) 6/12/06

V1
Hear the words of Comfort God is sending:
To declare the time of brokenness is through,
Days of sad and wounded hearts are ending,
A tender voice of hope for me and you:

Ch
Prepare a Highway for the Lord,
A road that leads to life eternally.
Prepare a Highway for the Lord,
And let it run right through the heart of me.

V2
Let the mountains of my sin begin to crumble,
Let the valleys of my heart be filled with grace.
Make a pathway for the Savior, meek and humble,
For the road that leads to where I’ll see His face.

(Ch)

Bridge
Like the grass beneath the summer sun, we’re dying,
Like the flowers of the field we fade away.
We rely upon your grace, the forgiveness in Your face,
So let your work begin anew today.

(Ch)

© 2006 Rick Lindholtz

No comments: