o n t h e t r a c k s

Thursday

Here are 2 movies that I won't miss

I am not one who refuses to go to any movie unless it has "Christian Values". I believe it's important to engage with the culture and hear what it is saying; to affirm when it is on target and to challenge its assertions when it disagrees with or denigrates the values I hold. But I have to admit, I love it when positive stuff makes it to the big screen.

The phenomena of "The Passion" made people recognize "Passion dollars" - the money that is in the pockets of those with conservative values, that are waiting to be spent when we are offered entertainment that inspires and honors our values. And this fall will see the release of "One night with the King", a re-telling of the story of Esther, and "The Nativity Story" as well. I plan to see both, and to encourage others to also see these films.

1 comment:

A Life Inspired said...

Hi Rick (and Lindholtz family)...I'm a new blogger wanting to share my faith with others. I've been looking around for other like-minded bloggers and just wanted to encourage you to continue sharing Jesus in the online community. We never know who will 'stumble' across our writings and my prayers are that people will be drawn to Jesus. Best to you!