o n t h e t r a c k s

Saturday

June 9 Update

June 9
Last night was opening night for "How to Succeed..." By almost any measure it was a smash success. There were a few gaffes, but they were minor, minor, minor. Alicia and the kids attended and LOVED it, as did the whole packed house.
This shot is from the end of the show stopping production number "Brotherhood of Man". I had a friend videotape the final dress rehearsal of this and two other numbers, which I'll edit and put up later this week.
I forgot to mention in my post about the Grad party that between songs, I announced that the event had special significance for me because it was the eve of a momentous anniversary: the next day represented 10,000 days of marriage for myself and Alicia. (A simple excel spreadsheet makes it very easy to track such things and surprise Alicia with dates of unexpected significance because they count days instead of years. There are two more surprising dates coming up this year, but I won't reveal them yet). I then sang Van Morrison's song "Have I told you lately that I love you".
We've begun plans to spend a three day vacation in Corpus Christi - a place the kids and I have never been and Alicia hasn't seen since childhood. We're told it's a delightful beach town. That will probably be July 9-11, after ElenaClaire's opera. If you know Corpus and can suggest places to go, stay, eat, etc. we'd love your feedback.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Congratulations on the show. You certainly look like you're putting heart and soul in your part. Or, what's the quote? "There are no small parts, only small actors."(Milan Kundera- Thanks, Google.)

Okay, so I'm thinking of singing to my wife for our 25th anniversary party. I found a great Frank Loesser tune, but it's so great I'm wondering how I would make it through without going completely waterworks. How do you manage it?