o n t h e t r a c k s

Monday

February 25

Brad’s blog made me aware of yesterday’s death of Larry Norman, the “godfather’ of Christian rock music back in the 70s. I remember a great fondness for Larry when I was in high school, buying the LP pictured here and seeing Larry in concert in Sacramento in 1972 – little realizing that simultaneously, down in Dallas, a family of 7 kids were likewise loving Larry. I wound up marrying the youngest of them. We remember you with fondness and sadness today, Larry. Go in peace.
Yesterday we went to Maggiano’s Little Italy for an early celebration of my birthday next Sunday (when EC will be working and unavailable). I learned some 5 years ago that the most enjoyable way to order in restaurants is to let the server select my meal and not tell me what it will be until it arrives. I’ve never been disappointed, and yesterday was no exception.

No comments: