o n t h e t r a c k s

Thursday

You are the One

Our 7 week fall series will be called "Every Breath: God". Its goal is that disciples learn the joy of God's powerful presence and leading in every minute of their lives.

Mark suggested that I write something for the song "You are the One", by Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche. Here's the original song (PDF):

You're the One who made the heavens
You're the One who shaped the earth
You're the One who form'd my heart
Long before my birth
I believe You'll always lead me
All my days have been ordain'd
All Your thoughts toward me are holy
Full of love and grace

Chorus
You are the One You are holy
You are the One You are worthy
You are the One, You are the One
Everlasting
You are the One I will worship
You are the One I will serve all my days
You are the One, You are the One
Everlasting
You are the One
Jesus You're the One

Brewster/Baloche © 2002 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

Here's the piece I wrote:

Every second, every moment,
Every minute, every hour,
I rely upon Your presence,
Stand upon Your power.
You have called my heart to follow
You’re my Savior and my friend
You surround my life with goodness,
Faithful to the end…

©2008 Rick Lindholtz

P.S. By happy coincidence, if you add "I will" to line 4 and "You are" to line 8, you get a verse that will work with the traditional hymn tune "Hyfrydol", which is often sung with the lyric "Jesus, what a friend for sinners".

No comments: