o n t h e t r a c k s

Friday

Lessons from the Journey I

When we concluded our ministry at Deerbrook Covenant Church in Humble, TX, the earnest prayer of our heart was that God would open a door to a new opportunity for pastoral service, and quickly. God opened many doors - but that one would remain closed for about a decade.

You often hear the remark that "God's Timing is Perfect", and I've always believed it - even though it rarely feels perfect when you're waiting. But earlier this week I began to reflect on all the things I would've missed out on in the past 10 years if God had provided quickly, what I waited until this week to receive - a pastoral call to a Covenant Church.

I can't list everything - the blessings of the last decade are too numerous to count - but just a few:
-the incredibly positive experience I enjoyed serving on the ministry staff at Christ the King
-the friendship I still enjoy with the staff as well as countless members and attenders both past and present
-the pleasure of my involvement with CentreStage Theatrical School and Company and the friendships I treasure among its many participants
-the amazing grace of God poured out through so many people who have prayed for us and supported us in so many ways over the past decade and especially the last 18 months
-the satisfaction of having spent over 12 years in one community and one house (I've been a bit of a gypsy)
-many spiritual lessons - not the least of which is - when God's answer is delayed, you can focus on what's lost or on what's left. And the choice you make will change your life.

No comments: