o n t h e t r a c k s

Saturday

Confession - the neglect of Jesus

Our student pastor (pastoral intern - or in Lutheran terms, our vicar) John Cordrey and I wrote this confession for a service late last year - for that portion of the worship service listed as "We are Honest before God"-----

I long to be a person whose soul is fed by relationship to the Father,
Whose days are watered by the grace of the Son,
Whose life bears fruit by the power of the Holy Spirit.

But instead,
after embracing the misplaced priorities of this fallen world,
I find myself
dry,
rootless,
withered.

Lord Jesus, please forgive me for neglecting you.
Forgive me for grasping after my own desires
which can never satisfy my soul.

Please fill me with your Holy Spirit.
Only your power and grace
can keep me close to your side. Amen.

© Rick Lindholtz and John Cordrey, 2004

No comments: