o n t h e t r a c k s

Wednesday

But for your Grace

Rita Baloche wrote this beautiful little chorus:

But for your grace, I could not be saved,
But for your grace I would go my way.
I'm forever grateful
that you have been faithful to me, Lord,
for your Amazing Grace.

©1998 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

It's a sweet melody and a beautiful prayer, but I felt it would have benefitted from a couple verses. With a short and simple chorus, I often wish the writer had said more. So I decided to write a couple verses of music and lyrics to fill the song out. Of course I cannot tell you that these are the verses for the above song. They are simply song fragments I have written. I gave them the title "Grace".

In grace you came to free us,
to save us from our sin.
Receiving grace,
we know the embrace
of the Father once again.

My life, so torn and broken,
where sin had left its scar.
In Grace you came,
our lives to reclaim,
and to heal our broken hearts.

© Rick Lindholtz, 2005

I will scan the melody, lyrics and chords into a pdf file and post a link here asap.

No comments: