o n t h e t r a c k s

Tuesday

Offspring of the Passion

Excerpts:

"I think religion or spirituality in the modern era tends to be treated almost the way sex was treated in the 1950s: If you just watched our movies, you wouldn't even know it's part of our culture, and I wanted to write something that wasn't propaganda, wasn't trying to persuade people to think the way that I do, but to recognize the fundamental importance of those essential questions: Does the spiritual realm exist? Is there a Devil, and more importantly, Is there a God, and if so, what are the implications of that? I don't care what you believe, those are questions tobe reckoned with."
. . . . . .
"I think if you go all the way back to Augustine via Plato, there's always been a sort of antipathy in the Church toward the arts, a fear or suspicion, and I think that much of the hostility between Hollywood and Christian audiences has been more on the side of Christian audiences than it has on Hollywood's."

Read more...

No comments: