o n t h e t r a c k s

Wednesday

Three27

This post's title comes from Proverbs 3:27 - a verse Alicia and I memorized almost 20 years ago.

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."

We've always understood that verse as a call to all kinds of good, including the giving of public thanks to those who have in many different ways given to and blessed us.

When my dear friend and mentor Jim Russell finished his earthly race 2 weeks ago today, I wrote a post remembering him and how his faith and love had blessed me over the last 19 years. Since then I have missed him and wished for one more chance to verbalize my appreciation one last time. I especially missed Jim when Jerry and Michaella sent me a copy of the worship folder from the Memorial Service, and again when I read Terry Mattingly's column about Jim.

I had been thinking this past week, perhaps I should dedicate a few blog posts to talking about the other people who have had the most significant impact in my life.

So I've started a new blog called three27.blogspot.com to honor and give thanks for those people through whom God's greatest blessings have flowed to me.

No comments: