o n t h e t r a c k s

Thursday

Top Ten Films of 2005

Here's the take as reported by two Books and Culture Contributors. How different would your list be from theirs?

I find this helpful as I am starting a "Faith and Film" study group that will be attending films in theatres (or in homes, for overlooked already-released films) and discussing how the films interface with spiritual convictions and especially Christian faith. What recent films do you think speak to the human condition and have something to say to Christians?

THE CREATIVE SPIRIT

My dear friend and mentor in the arts for more than 30 years, Byron Spradlin of Artists in Christian Testimony, has sent me a magazine by that name, produced by Belhaven College. Its contents in this issue consists of the Occasional Paper on "Redeeming the arts" published by the Lausanne Committee. I've only read a bit of it but it is very impressive.

No comments: