o n t h e t r a c k s

Tuesday

There is None Like You

We sang this song by Lenny LeBlanc last Sunday in worship. On Saturday morning as we rehearsed, the team was about to move on to another song, "Come Holy Spirit, Fall fresh on me". As they turned to the proper page, I looked at the bridge or verse of "There is None..."

"Your mercy flows like a river wide,
and healing comes from your hands;
suffering children
are safe in your arms;
there is none like You...."

© 1991 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

and I had a moment of inspiration. I quit playing keys and singing as I wanted a second verse and it came to me all at once. As the idea fell into place I realized it could lean heavily on some of the words that were already there:

"You gave your life as a gift of love,
and healing flowed from your hands.
Death could not hold you;
You rose from the grave;
There is None like you...."

Rick Lindholtz 2006

Boom, there it was, before the team could finish rehearsing the next song. When they finished I said "Mark, I just got a verse for There is None." He said "Let's hear it" and I went through it. And he said "Let's use it tomorrow. Write it down, everyone, we'll change the screens later".

Afterwards he told me: "Earlier in the week as I was writing the service, I realized I wanted more resurrection in it, but since it was Confirmation Sunday, the theme was not lending itself to selecting a song in that direction, and God just led you to the right words."

It was a neat moment. And it was very effective in worship. Especially on the third Sunday of Easter.

No comments: