o n t h e t r a c k s

Thursday

Created to be Connected

Christ the King's vision statement is:

Christ the King is a caring community of believers who connect others to life in Jesus Christ.

That idea of "connection" plays a central role for us in everything we do - which is why, for example, our personal evangelism emphasis is re-named "Connecting my World to Christ".

In this weekend's service, the congregation will confess our sins using language that reinforces this connection idea. I don't remember exactly when I wrote these words, but I am pretty sure it was within the last year:

God, you created me for connection.
Connection with you.
Connection with others.

You knew that being connected
would bring me joy,
would bless others,
would glorify your name.

But I spend too much of my life in isolation.
I turn from your invitation to know and trust you.
I turn from opportunities to care for and serve others.
I turn to the self-serving patterns that I have been taught by this sinful world.

In this place, in this moment, Lord,
I am longing to turn back to you.
In the name of Jesus, Forgive my sin and my selfishness. Turn my heart.

Re-connect me to your grace.
Re-connect me to others around me.
Re-connect me to the power of your Holy Spirit,
Who can hold me secure in your love.
Amen.

No comments: