o n t h e t r a c k s

Saturday

My other Blog

If I were to make a list of the half-dozen most influential men in my life (in actual point of fact, I have written an annotated list - someday I'll post its contents) it would include Byron, my friend of more than 35 years. I credit Byron with nurturing this pan-artistic passion to see the arts find their place in Christian ministry - a passion we share, though he has it in far greater measure than me. Way back in the 70s, Byron founded and still gives direction to Artists in Christian Testimony, and after my graduation from Westmont in December '79 and our marriage in January '80, Byron became my first full-time employer as I went on staff with ACT.

Recently, ACT established the International Association of Artists in Christian Testimony and was looking for ways to add value to its membership. I offered to develop a Blog where Byron and I would post material related to the arts and Christian faith. Now it's up.

BTW, this is a guy you want to invite to speak at your next minister's retreat, as I did in 2000 when I chaired the MidSouth Covenant Ministerial Association.

No comments: