o n t h e t r a c k s

Friday

I went with Vonage

• After fooling around with Magic Jack (which had some pretty cool features but in the end proved too much trouble) I went with Vonage. I had to re-locate a cable line so that it was right with a phone jack, which involved fishing a cable through a wall from up in the attic, but that wasn't hard. Now our phones are set up and it's pretty pleasing. It's fairly easy to set up so that if we ever experience interruption of internet service, calls are sent to one of our cell numbers; we can also set it up to relay calls to one of our phones after a given number of seconds. So it has some flexibility and it saves us 50% over what we were paying. Plus we got 2 free months - double their usual offer. And if you tell them I referred you, we'll both get 2 free months. So if you decide to make the jump, contact me and we'll both benefit.

• I spent most of the late morning and early afternoon doing landscaping in the backyard. I am tired but satisfied.

No comments: